Downloads of Software
- Download Unified Windows Installer for SN10 and SN10B software and utilities, for Win95 and later, including 64-bit Windows (not for DOS or Win 3.1) Installer version 2.40
- Download ZIP of all SN10 and SN10B software (for manual installation on 64-bit Windows or other OS) ZIP collection
- your SN10 screen will be blank
- your SN10 will sound an audio SOS (dot-dot-dot-dash-dash-dash-dot-dot-dot)
- you will need to load the correct software before you can use the SN10
- The SN10 will wait for the new software after it beeps SOS.
ILEC SN10 Software Version 2.40, November 2014
Download Installer for updated SN10B demonstration program (Windows only, Win95 and later, including 64-bit Windows) Demo 2.40 Also useful for checking your NDB files and airspace on the PC.
The downloads below include both software utilities that run on your PC
(such as PC-Link and the Software-Load utilities), and
the updates to the actual SN10 software in your glider.
To prepare your PC for use with an SN10:
(1) Download the appropriate installer below to your PC,
(2) Run the installer program on your PC.
Please install this software into your PC's C:\SN10 folder. Its OK to install both SN10 and SN10B software in this folder.
If you accidentally load the SN10B software into an SN10 (or the SN10 software into an SN10B):
Notable features of version 2.40 (3-Nov-2014): *************************
- Initial airspace-warning feature with following notes: - FOR BEST RESULTS: airspace data in NDB files should be regenerated using AIRPAR32 from 2.40. John Leibacher has already regenerated airspace in all NDB files on the WWTPX. Output from the new AIRPAR32 is compatible with older SN10 software. - Enable airspace warnings on the "SN10 Options 1" page - You will be warned regardless of altitude (even if you can overfly or underfly the airspace) - If there are multiple airspaces you would touch, you may only get a warning for one of them. - Airspace warnings will not repeat until 2 minutes have passed, and will repeat until your trajectory does not enter the airspace. - If you fly parallel to an airspace boundary, you will not get a warning until you turn towards the airspace, and YOU MAY NEVER GET A WARNING if you turn and quickly cross the boundary... - Airspace warnings display the airspace name with altitude floor and ceiling, for example: !! Airspace !! !! Warning !! R4811 0800-1 5.8 ahead Alt: surface to FL180 ENTER for map... - ALL AIRSPACE IN THE DATABASE WILL GENERATE WARNINGS. If it is drawn on the moving map, it will generate a warning if you approach it. If you do not want warnings for airspace like MOAs, don't include them (set INCLUDE=NO in the TNP file) or disable SN10 warnings. - Once you clear an airspace warning, there is no way to get it back! Make sure you read the warning before you press HELP or ENTER. - If you prepare your own airspace or NDB files, please see MAPHELP.TXT for help using AIRPAR32 (MAPHELP.TXT is available from your Start Menu, under ILEC SN10 utilities help). - If you encounter ANY problems or quirks, please send me: - a description of the issue - the flight-log from your SN10 (not a different logger!) - the NDB file you were using - if possible, the TNP airspace file used to generate the NDB - Incorrect clubmode HELP fixed: Note that in club mode, alternates on moving map calculate glide to arrive at setting ARV AGL, not 150m AGL. - Limit frequency of FLARM error messages to avoid blocking SN10 use - Reduce annoying warnings (FLARM errors, USB gadget startup delays) - Demo program bugfix: Again runs properly on Windows XP (SP2 or later) - AirPar32 Improvements: Supports airspace warnings, faster map drawing - DBC32 now warns of confusing almost-duplicate-names (41Start, 42Start)
Notable features of version 2.39 (19-April-2014): **********************
- Bugfix: Startup problem in SN10 2nd seat display (SN10B slave was OK) - minor startup diagnostic improvements - Demo program bugfix: custom page: workaround MSVC 2012 C++ changes - Demo program bugfix: AAT: workaround MSVC 2012 C++ changes
Notable features of version 2.38 (16-May-2013): ******************
- FLARM enhancements: - task declaration more reliable (FLARM accepts max 8 turnpoints!) - displays FLARM progress messages (PFLAQ: IGC file dump, etc) - force protocol version 6 - Note: ignores PCAS messages for now - Important serial improvements to reduce GPS and FLARM data loss - Further internal improvements (free up space for future features)
Notable features of version 2.37 (6-September-2012): **************
- small wind arrow on moving map (SN10B only, sorry) - minimize/reduce/auto-clear annoying warnings (GPS, FLARM, cylinder start) - 64-bit-Windows-capable single (SN10 and SN10B) installer (not for DOS) - Updated 64-bit-Windows-capable demo program with new installer - Many internal improvements (free up space for future features)
Notable features of version 2.36 (30-April-2010): **********************
- Includes IGC-style flight-log validation DLL IGC-IEC.DLL
- Includes latest (August 2010) USB-adapter HEX file ILECUSBA.HEX
Update your USB adapter software to get these improvements:
- ignore DOS ctrl-Z characters
- only one message if you use a memory stick needing too much power
- FLARM improvements:
- Auto-Clears FLARM collision warning page when the threat disappears
- Echo FLARM errors to SN10 screen
- Suppress spurious "FLARM configuration" warnings during flight
- DBC reports extremities of points in area (in -v verbose mode)
- Add VALIEC32 32-bit SN10 flight-record file-validation program
Notable features of version 2.35 (11-March-2010): ********************** - New FLARM support (enable on "SN10 Options 2" page): - FLARM collision warning page (pops up graphic for collision warning) - FLARM neighbors moving map display page - declare SN10 task into FLARM - AAT workload reduction features. On the moving map page, ONLY when in AAT mode (switch to "A"), and ONLY when the cursor is on one of the four control fields at lower left: (1) Extended HELP shows stats for the remaining task, so there's no page switching to see how an adjustment affects the ETF and amount over and under. Press HELP on any of the four control fields at lower left, and you'll see this: == Task To Go ==
current MC 2.0
==== Times =====
+++++++++++++:21 (2) With the cursor on one of the four control fields at lower left, press ENTER to snap the next AAT turnpoint to the point - on the current courseline (from leg start through your location), - half way from your current location to the back of AAT area If this would result in a point not in the area it just beeps. After snapping the TP, the task is recomputed and the stats message above is automatically displayed. - Add Discus 2c 18-meter polar - Formatting improvements (leading ":" on minutes time in many locations) - Bugfix: Start and Finish lines (and sectors) stay oriented w/respect to the nominal AAT area centers, not the dragged turnpoint location... - Bugfix: ENTER on the scroll arrows while in AAT-drag mode does not re-center map; now it snaps the turnpoint location as above - DBparse bugfix (for USB adapter only, does not affect SN10 software) - NOTE: FP traps enabled for 2.35 production release Notable features of version 2.34 (21-September-2009): ****************** - Dark LCD bug fixed (temperature-contrast adjust bug of Jan 2009) - USB adapter bug fixes and improvements (progress messages etc) - Suppress diagnostics which could interfere with PDA/FLARM (USB, NSP) - DBC/DBC32 and PClink NDB checkers now flag duplicate-name turnpoints Note: Duplicates are NOT currently flagged when NDB loaded into SN10 Notable features of version 2.33 (29-June-2009): *********************** - USB-adapter support for log file save, NDB file load, and SN10 software load - Now supports up to 6 AAT areas - NMEA baud rate selectable (4800 or 19200) for FLARM/PDA support - 19.2kb NMEA support in SL (software load) and PClink - "Software Load..." on screen during software update - Many optimizations for speed and code-size (room for next feature) - BugFix: serial port now properly initialized on cold-start - Prevent accidental creation of database points with blank names - Memory map changes for diagnostics (OS stack pool at fixed location) Link to the Software Developer's website for the SN10